Pathshala 2nd National Salon 2020 – Digital
Pathshala 2nd national Salon 2020 (2020/FIP/180/2020) is fully conducted in digital mode. This national-level salon is organized by Photography Pathshala, A Photo-Artist Forum based in Kolkata, India. Photography Pathshala was established in 2006 for the promotion of the art of photography. This forum is a body registered under the West Bengal Society Registration Act 1961. This forum is a member of the Federation of Indian Photography ( Kolkata), and India International Photographic Council (New Delhi). For the promotion of the different sections of photography like pictorial photography, nature photography, travel photography, photojournalism, Photography Pathshala organizes several programs regularly. Pathshala 2nd National Salon 2020 is a part of the forum’s activities.
Pathshala 2nd National Salon 2020 (Digital) has five sections: Open Monochrome, Open Colour, Nature, Photo Travel, and Photo Journalism. In each section, there is 1 FIP Gold award, 8 PP Gold awards, 5 FIP HM awards, and 10 PP diploma PDF awards. Apart from all these traditional awards, there are three special awards: 2 for the best entrants, and 1 for woman best entrant. All the sections are processed, judged and exhibited digitally with Pixel Clash, a Photography Salon Software. The salon closes its entry on 16th October 2020 followed by the judgment on 18th October 2020. Notification is done on 25th October 2020. The exhibition is scheduled for the last week of January 2021. Dispatch of Awards and PDF catalogue will start on 20th January 2021.
The judgement of all sections of pathshala 2nd national Salon 2020 is done by MS. PIYALI MITRA, EFIAP/B,EFIP,EPSA,CR 2 GPU, MS. ANITHA MYSORE, EFIAP,EFIP,CR2 (CROWN2),EPSA, and MS.SNIGDHA KAR, AFIAP, EFIP, Hon.CPE,GPA.PESGSPC, Hon.PESGSPC, Hon.APF,Hon.FPMP. In this Salon, Photography Pathshala pays homage to some of the maestros of photography who have left this world but their legacy is still be sensed. The late photographers who are paid homage are Late Benu Sen Ji (1932-2011), MFIAP, FRPS, ESFIAP, Hon. EFIAP, Hon. FPAD, Late Shri K.G. Maheshwari Ji (1922-2014), ARPS, Hon. FIIPC, Hon. PSI, Hon. FIP, Hon. FICS, APSA, and Dr. Arunangshu Mukherjee Ji (1938-2020). They announce three special awards in the memory of these late photographers. The award for the 1st best entrant is named as Late Shri BENU SEN Memorial Award (PP GOLD). The award for the 2nd best entrant is named as Late Shri Dr. Arunangshu Mukherjee Memorial Award (PP GOLD). The award for the best woman entrant is named as Late Shri K.G. Maheshwari Memorial Award (PP GOLD).
- Anirban Banerjee from India received FIP Gold award in Open Monochrome Section for his image titled “THE BEGINING OF LIFE”.
- HS Byakod from India received FIP Gold award in Open Colour section for his image titled “I AM WITH”.
- Salil Nair from India received FIP Gold award in Nature section for his image titled “SIBLING AWAITED”.
- Akshay Yewage from India received FIP Gold award in Photo Travel section for his image titled “KATHE BARAS”.
- Subho Saha from India received FIP Gold award in Photo Journalism section for his image titled “WORK OF FIREFIGHTER 4”.
The following three are the special awards given in the memory of noted late photographers in India:
- 1st Best Entrant : Late Shri BENU SEN Memorial Award : PP GOLD : H S BYAKOD
- 2nd Best Entrant : Late Shri Dr. Arunangshu Mukherjee Memorial Award: PP GOLD : AKSHAY YEWAGE
- Best Woman Entrant : Late Shri K.G. Maheshwari Memorial Award : PP GOLD : SHEILA VERGHIS
Click on the following button for the complete list of awards and acceptances:
Pixel Clash, a Photography Salon Software. is proud to provide technical and management support to Photography Pathshala for conducting this national level salon. Pixel Clash is committed to connecting the photographers and photography lovers across the globe with digital as well as offline photography contests.
Source of images and information: the official website of Photography Pathshala